struts-user mailing list archives

From marty milligan <ma...@milligansisland.com>
Subject User provisioning and maintenance systems
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 04:49:06 GMT
This is tangentially related to struts but it seems to come up often
enough that I figured I would ask this group.  For most applications,
I use Struts (mostly 1 but I'm coming up to speed on 2) with Spring
Security. For user provisioning and and maintenance I usually use the
systems that come with other applications on the site such as a forum
or blog.  This isn't ideal but it gets the job done. For bigger
systems with larger budgets, SiteMinder (and other stand alone
systems) works fine but it is expensive and requires specialized
skills.  I'd like to use an open source user maintenance system
written in Java and preferably Struts 2 and Spring.  Is there such an
animal?

So what does everyone use with their Struts applications?  Does
everyone roll their own?

--
cordially,
Marty Milligan PO Box 434, Falling Waters, WV 25419