struts-user mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need immediate help - Struts, my job is stuck
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 17:18:36 GMT
Kaushal,

I don't have time to read all the source you posted, but here's my
answers to your direct questions:

First   :   I need to populate the values from database to this jsp page
during the opening of this page

>> You need to have an action mapping for this. Something like /loadmydata.do

Second  : how can I add row to this table dynamically so that I can enter a
few records and save the data to the database.

>> You can use JSP <c:forEach> to loop over a list of an array, and produce new

Third  :  When I save the records the values must go to ActionServlet, where
I need them all in an ArrayList.

>> You need a second action mapping for this. Remember this pattern: Use one action
for loading data, another action for saving the data.

Paul