struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: S2.1.8.1: Need something similar to struts.el.throwExceptionOnFailure for <s:textfield> and <s:hidden>
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 08:38:24 GMT
Robert Graf-Waczenski wrote:
> <s:property value="%{missingProperty}"/> which correctly yields a
> runtime error

Unless you're in devMode, I don't want anything yielding a runtime
error, I want it to proceed as best it can, and let me know so I can
address any potential issue (the logging is a step forward from earlier
versions where the failure was silent).  If the s:property behavior you
describe is encountered in a production environment ( == outside of
devMode) I would call that a bug.

-Dale