struts-user mailing list archives

From Todd Grigsby <strutsu...@tgrigsby.com>
Subject "specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch"
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 23:01:41 GMT

Configuration:
   Windows 7 64 bit
   Tomcat 6
   Struts 2
   MySQL 5.1.36 for Win64
   MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver 5.01.06.00

I've created a valid ODBC alias that I can see from other Windows native
applications with no problem.  When I attempt the following:

import javax.naming.Context;
import javax.naming.InitialContext;
import javax.naming.NamingException;
import javax.sql.DataSource;
import java.sql.Connection;

    Context context = new InitialContext();
    DataSource ds =
(DataSource)context.lookup("java:/comp/env/jdbc/odbc/tgecorp");
    Connection conn = datasource.getConnection();

The last line throws an exception with the following message:  "The
specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and
Application."

I reinstalled the driver, redefined the System DSN's in the ODBC
administrator, and I still get the same message.  Anybody have any idea
how to fix this?

Todd