struts-user mailing list archives

From Todd Grigsby <strutsu...@tgrigsby.com>
Subject Re: MySQL + JDBC
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:11:18 GMT
Manos Batsis wrote:
> Todd Grigsby wrote:
>>
>> Fantastic!  The error that I'm getting is,
>> "org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
>> PoolableConnectionFactory ([Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The
>> specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver
>> and Application."  Ever seen that?
> My guess is you are using a microsoft ODBC to JDBC driver or
> something? Just use the JDBC drivers for MySQL. You can download those
> and get docos from MySQL's website.

I would use the MySQL connector directly, but I need to use ODBC to
abstract the database connection.  MySQL is not the only database we
connect to.  The question is, is it possible to go MySQL -> ODBC -> JDBC
-> Struts 2?  It was possible under Struts 1.1 on WinXP, and we are
attempting to migrate to Struts 2 (or trying to) on Win7 64-bit.

TG