struts-user mailing list archives

From Patrick J Kobly <patr...@kobly.com>
Subject Re: "specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch"
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:20:16 GMT
Todd Grigsby wrote:

> I'm trying to get an all 64-bit environment going, but if I have to
> step down to 32 bit, then that's what I have to do to get going.  As
> for addressing the right crowd, I think you may be right.  Except for
> you, it's been a frustrating exercise.  I'm already going through the
> MySQL forums, but there don't seem to be a lot of posts there from
> people working with Java+Struts on Win7 64-bit.
Broaden your horizons a bit from Java+Struts with MySQL on Win7
64-bit...  This is an error message from the ODBC system.  It is _not_
coming from Struts.  It is _not_ coming from MySQL.  It was present on
64-bit versions of Windows prior to Win 7.

- The MSDN forums have some info on installing 32-bit ODBC drivers under
a 64-bit platform.
- The Tomcat guys probably have info on running Tomcat in a 64-bit JRE.

Your solution will likely lie in one of those two places.

PK

> Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll keep digging.
>
> TG
>

> Patrick J Kobly wrote:
>> Perhaps try using a 64-bit JVM or installing the 32-bit ODBC
>> driver...  The first couple of Google hits when searching for the
>> error message provided seem to suggest hints for installing the
>> 32-bit ODBC driver under 64-bit Windows.  You are likely to get more
>> traction on this question asking it of
>>
>> a) Tomcat folks
>> b) Microsoft folks
>> c) Java folks
>> d) MySQL folks
>>
>> Rather than Struts folks.
>>
>> PK
>> Todd Grigsby wrote:
>>>
>>> Configuration:
>>>   Windows 7 64 bit
>>>   Tomcat 6
>>>   Struts 2
>>>   MySQL 5.1.36 for Win64
>>>   MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver 5.01.06.00
>>>
>>> I've created a valid ODBC alias that I can see from other Windows
>>> native applications with no problem.  When I attempt the following:
>>>
>>> import javax.naming.Context;
>>> import javax.naming.InitialContext;
>>> import javax.naming.NamingException;
>>> import javax.sql.DataSource;