struts-user mailing list archives

From Hong Zheng <tripledr...@gmail.com>
Subject Struts 2 JSP Result + GWT
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 04:06:32 GMT
Hi all,

I have been struggling with this problem for a few months now. I am using
GWT with Struts 2 on my website. Following is the configuration for the
registration page:

<action name="register" class="com....RegistrationAction">
    <result name="input">/jsp/registration.jsp</result>
    <result
name="success">/jsp/registration_confirmation.jsp</result>
</action>

registration.jsp contains a form coded using GWT. After RegistrationAction
receives and processes data from the form, it sends back a JSON string. If
everything is good, JSON will contain a "redirect" property that points to
"/jsp/registration_confirmation.jsp".
When GWT codes sees this "redirect" property in returned JSON, it will
redirect browser to the new page accordingly.

The issue here is that I don't want to hard-code
"/jsp/registration_confirmation.jsp" again in my RegistrationAction class,
because I already defined that in struts.xml and that's where it should be
defined. Yet, I still need to pass that URL to GWT for redirection. Is there
a way in Struts 2 that would translate a result
name("success") to the corresponding result
value("/jsp/registration_confirmation.jsp")?

Many thanks!
Hong Zheng

P.S. I am aware that one solution would be to define another Action, such as
RegistrationConfirmationAction. But that's not really a very elegant
solution.