struts-user mailing list archives

From Saeed Iqbal <saee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] i18n not using default bundle
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:11:18 GMT
Im away from my pc (iphone) so i will let you know tomorrow

Its 8:15pm

On Thursday, December 10, 2009,  <mailtolouis2020-struts@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried both, move up and remove just leave Chinese Language there, both still the same,
it still take the resource from _en.properties.

> Here is my setting
>
> <constant name="struts.locale" value="zh_CN" />
> <constant name="struts.i18n.encoding" value="utf-8" />
> <constant name="struts.custom.i18n.resources" value="resources.global-message"/>
>
> Whether I set struts.locale or not, it make no different. By the way, what is this setting
mean?

> Regards
> LV

> Sent: Thu, December 10, 2009 2:01:43 PM
> Subject: Re: [S2] i18n not using default bundle
>
> Set the constant variable in struts.xml or struts.properties
> variable for i8nl
>
> On Thursday, December 10, 2009, carl ballantyne
> <carl.ballantyne@cast-info.es> wrote:
>> Hi LV,
>>
>> When you say you set your browser to Chinese are you simply moving Chinese up the
list of prefered languages or are you removing all english from prefered languages. Because
if it is the former then I think it would still look for an *_en.properties file over the
default.

>> Cheers,
>> Carl.
>>
>> Quoting mailtolouis2020-struts@yahoo.com:
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I got a doubt on struts 2 i18n. I'm using S2. 2.1.8.1.
>>
>> I got 2 properties in my application:
>> global-message.properties    (store Chinese Language)
>> global-message_en.properties (store English Language)
>>
>> When I run my application, and set my browser language to Chinese  (zh-CN), I expect
when there is no global-message_zh_CN.properties  file, struts should use the default global-message.properties
file,  but it is not, it use global-message_en.properties.