struts-user mailing list archives

From Paweł Wielgus <poulw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Convention plug-in, tiles, and no @Result annotation
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:52:06 GMT
Hi Fran and Wes,
an alternative for what Wes has written is to use tiles inside jsp
files like this,
in my-action.jsp i have: [extra spaces added]

< % @page contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8" language="java" % >
< % @ taglib uri="http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles" prefix="tiles" % >
< % @ taglib prefix="s" uri="/WEB-INF/struts2conf/struts-tags.tld" % >

< tiles:insertDefinition name="isiak.main" >
	< tiles:putAttribute name="body" >

...and your body html/jsp goes here....

	< / tiles:putAttribute >
< / tiles:insertDefinition >

also isiak.main is defined in tiles.xml as:
< definition name="isiak.main"
    template="/WEB-INF/pages/layout/main.jsp">
< / definition >

and definition of tiles listener in web.xml:
< listener >
    < listener-class >
        org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener
    < / listener-class >
< / listener >

It works well for me.

Best greetings,