struts-user mailing list archives

From Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>
Subject S1 Quirk with html tag
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 02:10:29 GMT
Yesterday I had to go back and update some changes to struts 1 app we
developed and are maintaining.

It¹s been a while since I¹ve done any struts1 work but it was urgent and
resources are thin in the lead up to xmas.

Anyway, my question is that I have two identical forms with identical
configuration, but one works fine if the form elements don¹t have a name
attribute and the other doesn¹t.To illustrate one form works with the
following tag:

But the second form only works when a name attribute is included:

I¹d appreciate any insight into why this happens, as it caused me about 8
hours extra work, frustration and a little less hair leading up to the
holidays.

Z.