struts-user mailing list archives

From Donato Pirozzi <donatopiro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts2 Architecture - 2.0.14 and 2.1.8
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2009 14:49:08 GMT
Hi Jayson,

I have upgraded version of struts for my project (from 2.0.14 to 2.1.8), and
for my personal experience I think that key concepts and base architecture
aspects are the same. For my experience version 2.1.8 is more stable, better
performance (first observations from users) ...

Into update there are a troubles, only if you use dojo intensely into your
application, because dojo plugin is deprecated and not supported for future
versions (infact dojo plugin is a wrapper of an old version dojo toolkit). I
have decided to remove referance to dojo plugin and use directly dojo
toolkit.

You can have information on differences between the versions at

http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8.1/docs/migration-guide.html

Donato