struts-user mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Essential Dependencies Only
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:44:25 GMT
Scott, take a look at the mailreader and blank apps. You can also read
through the struts2-core pom (annotated and easier to read here -
http://jarvana.com/jarvana/inspect-pom/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.1.8/struts2-core-2.1.8.pom,
that points to 2.1.8, they haven't indexed 2.1.8.1 yet, but there is
no differences in dependencies).

If you just want to cut to the chase, the "essentials" would be -

struts2-core 2.1.8.1
xwork-core 2.1.6
freemarker 2.3.15
ognl 2.7.3

-Wes

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:36 AM, stanlick <stanlick@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings and Happy Holidays --
>
> I am sitting down to unwind the Essential Dependencies Only jar
> (struts-2.1.8.1-lib.zip) in preparation for the litany of questions the
> lawyers are going to ask before accepting the Struts 2.1.8.1 upgrade in
> house.  Now either I have a different understanding of the word essential,
> or this version of our new Struts has really spread her arms.  There are
> seventy-one jars in the lib folder of the *essential dependencies only jar*
> and a quick glance suggests they are *not* all essential.  So does essential
> != core or required?  Is there a resource where an analysis can be made to
> determine compile, testing, run-time dependencies?  Untangling this ball of
> yarn by hand is going to burn up hours and lead an analyst down many rabbit
> holes.  Is there a POM that could save the man hours?
>
> Peace,
> Scott

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.