struts-user mailing list archives

From Brian Thompson <elephant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2 - Global Validation
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 14:19:41 GMT
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:10 AM, Arulmani V A <arulmani_s@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Apologies for having posted the same query 5 times - it was purely
> UNINTENTIONAL. I'm new to this list and when I posted my query for the
> first
> time, I got the following reply :
>
> Hi. This is the deliver program at bjtu.edu.cn.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
> addresses.
>
> 02211071@mail.bjtu.edu.cn
> quota exceed
> --- Attachment is a copy of the message.
>
> [这是服务器 bjtu.edu.cn 的投递程序返回的提示信息]
>
> 到下列地址的信件投递失败,对方服务器无法正常接受或者拒绝接受这封邮件,
> 这是一个永久性的错误,服务器已经放弃继续投递。
> 02211071@mail.bjtu.edu.cn
>
> 对方服务器返回错误提示:
> quota exceed
> --
> [附件是您所发送信件的原件]
>
> Hence thinking that my message was not posted (owing to length), I went
> about
> modifying my query and tried posting it repeatedly, each time getting the
> same
> reply
>  as above. Finally frustrated that my message is not going through at all
> and that I get do not spam replies, I unsubscribed from the mailing list..
>
> When the message gets posted successfully, why would you send a auto-reply
> like
> above which perplexes the new user... If you could fix this, then there
> won't be confusion to the newbies who post.
>
> Regards
> Arul

That's definitely not a Struts mailing list message.  Looks more like a
problem with one list-subscriber's mailbox -- like they got mailbombed or
quit checking their mail or something.

(by the way, I'm sorry I can't help with your validation issue.  I normally
hate posting when I don't have anything helpful to say.)

- Brian