struts-user mailing list archives

From Craig Ricciuto <cricci...@symboticware.com>
Subject Re: How to handle input from iterated output
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:11:22 GMT
Thank you very much. This seems to be exactly what I need.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Stephen Turner <sturner@mit.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:55:55 -0500, Craig Ricciuto <
> cricciuto@symboticware.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi, just a quick question.
>> I have a class that has 4 fields. 2 Strings, 1 int, 1 boolean.  I shall
>> refer to this class as MyClass
>> In my Action class I have a List (call it MyList) that is a list of
>> MyClass.
>> It can be populated with as little as 1 item or as many as say 256 items
>> (could be more but I'll keep this limit for simplicity).
>> Iterating through MyList in a JSP with the struts tag
>> <s:iterator........</s:iterator> is easy enough. My question is this....
>>
>> When I iterate through MyList in the JSP I'm setting form fields (of all 4
>> fields from MyClass).  What would be the best way to get all that input
>> back
>> when I submit the form?
>> Is there an example of this somewhere I haven't found or just a pretty
>> straightforward way of doing this I'm not thinking of?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>>

> You just need to tell struts what type of objects are in the list:
>
> http://struts.apache.org/2.0.8/docs/type-conversion.html
>
> Basically this would involve a "Myaction-conversion.properties" file
> alongside the action class. It would contain:
>
> Element_MyList=mypackage.MyClass
>
> Also, there's a pretty good section on this in "Struts in Action".
>
> Steve
>
> --
> Stephen Turner
> Senior Programmer/Analyst - SAIS
> MIT IS&T

Craig Ricciuto, B.Cosc
Software Developer
Symboticware Incorporated
Main: (800) 519-5496 ext. 105
Fax: (888) 693-5355
www.symboticware.com

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for
the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may be confidential or
contain legally privileged and private information. It is intended solely
for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If
perusal, use, distribution, copying, disclosure, or any action taken or
omitted to be taking in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
advise me by e-mail at cricciuto@symboticware.com and delete the e-mail
document without making a copy.