struts-user mailing list archives

From Unmesh joshi <unmesh_jo...@hotmail.com>
Subject UriTemplates support in Struts.
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 12:33:50 GMT

Hi,
We wanted to expose Restful URLs as explained in (http://uritemplate.codeplex.com/).
Currently struts has two action mappers which support Restful urls. RestFul2ActionMapper and
Rest plugin's action mapper.
The problem with Restful2 action mapper is that it expects parameter names in url
e.g. If i want to have Url like
www.mysite.com/games/action/1999
In RestFul2ActionMapper I will need to give
www.mysite.com/games/type/action/year/1999
In Rest plugin I cant even have more than one parameters in the URL part because it always
expects last part of url to be ID.
There is some thing I can do with use of namespaces, but there are limitations.

I want to be able to specify url templates like
/games/{gameType}/{year} and then match URL like games/action/1999 to action names GamesAction
with type parameter set to action and year parameter set to 1999.
Is there way to achieve this with Struts2? Is anyone planning to write action mappers to support
this?

Thanks,Unmesh
Fight for the top Test spot
http://sports.in.msn.com/cricket/