struts-user mailing list archives

From Ken <ken.mcwilli...@aerose.com>
Subject RE: Struts url, a, and iterator tag behaviour
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 19:54:16 GMT
I had been using the Struts 2.0.14(GA) documentation found at
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/tag-reference.html
I see there is a difference in the usage in Struts 2.1.8.1 (GA), this is
my fault as I did not state the version however as an
improvement you'll see that the usage example at the bottom of the page
for http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8.1/docs/a.html
still clearly shows use of the id attribute in the example (same example
as 2.0.14) although http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8.1/docs/url.html
clearly
does state deprecation.

I'll upgrade to the current release to avoid future confusion.

On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 14:59 -0400, Martin Gainty wrote:

> Hi Ken-
>

> org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.URLTag
>
> ..no entries for 'id' attribute..accessor or mutator..
>

> org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.ContextBeanTag.java
>
>     /**
>      * To keep backward compatibility
>      * TODO remove after 2.1
>      */
>     public void setId(String id) {
>         setVar(id);
>     }
>

> could you point out to greg or myself which doc says id or setId is valid?
>

> thanks,
> Martin Gainty
> Note de déni et de confidentialité
> Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Subject: Re: Struts url, a, and iterator tag behaviour
> From: ken.mcwilliams@aerose.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 11:58:44 -0600
>
> I still don't know what caused the issue.  Using just the <a> tag revealed that
 ${companyId} was null, producting <a href=""> tags.
> So I removed the id from the <s:url> tag... and then embedded the the whole <s:url>
tag into the <a> tag, and it works as expected...

name="group" value="log.id.mlgroup"/><s:param name="id" value="log.id.mlid"/></s:url>'>
>    <s:property value="cur.mco"/>
> </a>
>
> My issue is it isn't pretty. Okay just out of interest I added  id="something" to <s:url>
and the html is back to <a href=''>... So the id attribute causes the tag not to return
a value and pushes the url onto the value stack as the name of the id attribute?