struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: Where is the documentation for Struts tags ....
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 15:09:34 GMT
On 5/5/10 9:58 AM, RogerV wrote:
> I'd be happy to contribute

I'd think the best place is:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Struts+2+Form+Tags

I forget what hoops you have to jump through to get a working wiki
account...if it doesn't "just work" when you try to register you might
need to file a "CLA" with someone at apache...or you might just be able
to add a comment anonymously...not sure.  See if
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Struts+2+Form+Tags?showComments=true&showCommentArea=true#addcomment
works.

> The irony of it all is that I only went with a map originally as I wanted to
> present user-friendly name for ROLE_USER etc.

Yes--although you should suspect pretty much any value provided by the
user, so you want to output the name and key, but upon submission only
expect the key and do a lookup based on that.

> Thanks again Dale

Sure!  Best way to pay struts back is to help us with the documentation,
and/or stay subscribed to this list so that you might be able to help
someone else over the same hurdles that you've already cleared.

-Dale