struts-user mailing list archives

From Mark Shifman <mark.shif...@yale.edu>
Subject struts-blank-1.3.10.war has memory leak.
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 15:01:30 GMT
Hi:

I have been trying to track down a memory leak in my struts 1.3.10 web app.
I am using tomcat 6.0.26 which has a leak detector button in the manager app.

After basically gutting my app to a start up page, it occurred to me that I should
just see if the struts-blank web app has a memory leak. Well, when I deploy and undeploy
the struts-blank web app and check for memory leaks, it has a memory leak.

If I do this a couple of times, take a heap dump and use eclipse mat (memory analysis tool)
plug in, I see several WebAppClassLoaders.  When I look for duplicate classes I see a bunch
of org.apache.commons.beanutils classes in these WebAppClassLoaders.

I can't really go any farther in characterizing the leak since I don't understand enough about
classloaders.  This seems like a bug to me.

Any ideas would be appreciated?

mas