struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: Help, struts 2.1.8 with Struts 2 Full Hibernate Plugin 2.1.3 GA
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 13:47:04 GMT
On 5/16/10 6:50 PM, Fabio Perfetti wrote:
> Oh! sorry...but i resolved!! all day trying and the problem was that i
> allocat the dipendenteDao in the method, but i must allocate it as an
> attribute of action.
> So i put in the action
>
> private DipendenteDAO dipendenteDao = new DipendenteService();
>
> and i resolved!!
>
> Thanks all

Typically you want more separation.  You want the DAO layer interacting
directly with the database, you want the service layer doing business
logic, and you want the web layer to connect the web pages with the
business logic.  So I wouldn't suggest having any action directly
utilizing DAOs, and I wouldn't suggest that you ever make the service
layer and the DAO layer synonymous, both of which you appear to be doing...

-Dale