struts-user mailing list archives

From Denis Cabasson <denis.cabas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linking page
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 15:01:43 GMT
I personnaly prefer to use the same Action for things that are logically
grouped. So in your case, I would use the execute method to return
SUCCESS, pointing to the jsp, and a doSearch method with SEARCH result,
pointing to the other JSP. That way, you have only one action for both JSP.

I don't like going straight to the JSP, as you lose all of the struts 2
benefits, and so I prefer everybody to go through their action, even if
that sometimes means having a execute method that just return SUCCESS.

We are using so many struts default functionnalities that only work with
the underlying actions (like resource bundles, etc..) that I really
couldn't live without an action.

Denis.