struts-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Hill <jesse_h...@yahoo.com>
Subject Websphere/Struts issue with form based authentication
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 18:59:20 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have a struts2 app (2.0.14) running on Websphere (version 6.1.x and 7.x) and when I try
to access a struts action that is protected by Websphere security constraints and form based
authentication, I get the following messages in the log:

[5/14/10 14:34:14:169 EDT] 00000092 SRTServletRes W   WARNING: Cannot set status. Response
already committed.
[5/14/10 14:34:14:185 EDT] 00000092 SRTServletRes W   WARNING: Cannot set header. Response
already committed.

This is perhaps similar to the problem in:
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@struts.apache.org/msg68306.html

But the solutions presented there do not resolve this issue. I have the invokefilterscompatibility
variable set correctly and am running with the patches.

I can access protected static files without seeing the log messages - it only occurs when
I invoke a protected struts action. So /myapp/static.html will redirect to the login page
without the log messages, but /myapp/struts.action causes the errors to print as part of the
redirect.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much,
Jesse