struts-user mailing list archives

From Sriram Krishnan <sriram.krishna...@gmail.com>
Subject redirect not working as expected in portal env
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 12:32:28 GMT
Hi I am trying to use a redirect in portal env ..I am using liferay 5.2.3
and apache struts bridge.
I see that the "redirect=true" works fine as standalone webapp but when
fails to work in portal env..

Heres a snipped on struts-config

                   <action path="/portlet/students/view"
forward="/html/portlet/students/view.jsp" />

                    <action  path="/portlet/students/dummy2" scope="session"
type="com.liferay.training.portlet.students.action.DummyAction2" >
                        <forward  name="portlet.students.dummyForward2"
path="/html/portlet/students/dummy.jsp"/>

                    </action>

                    action  path="/portlet/students/dummy1"
type="com.liferay.training.portlet.students.action.DummyAction1"
scope="session"  validate="false">
                        <forward  name="portlet.students.dummyForward1"
path="/portlet_action/portlet/students/dummy2" redirect="true"/>

                   </action>

Since I have enabled redirect I understand that on page refresh only
DummyAction2 should be called..But I notice that both the actions are called
on pagerefresh..As a result whatever I am persisting in the database through
DummyAction1 is getting duplicated on page fresh..Please help to solve this
issue...