struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michelle Weeks" <michelle.we...@JETISRE.COM>
Subject RE: Struts 2.2.1 Problem
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:58:18 GMT
Sorry ... I forgot a big piece, we were running with Struts 2.1.8.1 and
then upgraded to 2.2.1 because of the security fix.  All HashMaps were
working correctly before the upgrade.

<input type="text" name="pagesMap['name/name'].key" value="keyValue" />

The actions contain getters and setters for the HashMaps ...

    public Map<String, Object> getPagesMap()
    {
        return this.pagesMap;
    }
    public void setPagesMap(Map<String, Object> pagesmap)
    {
        this.pagesMap = pagesmap;
    }

And I have the conversion properties in the resources directory.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Newton [mailto:davelnewton@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 11:10 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Struts 2.2.1 Problem

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Michelle Weeks
<michelle.weeks@jetisre.com
> wrote:

> I guess I'm not sure what exactly you are asking ...

When the error happens: the original message just said you had a map
that
set wasn't called on when you had key values containing certain
characters--on its own, it's not really enough to help.

> One of the Hash Maps that is not setting simply has a String key and a
> String value.  If I find a key that does not contain a special
> character, the data saves.  If one key has a special character the
whole
> Map is not set into the action.

Do you mean on the JSP side? Can you show the code that's causing the
problem? It would make it much easier to help.

Dave