struts-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Rindt <dri...@visetics.com>
Subject form question
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 06:35:54 GMT
Hello,

i created an action what is displaying a form. This form also shows the
input errors. The action implements the Preparable Interface to provide
collections to display. My save method is in the same action class.

Is it possible to have a mapping for just one action name, what is
caring about display the form and save the values and also show
validation error messages?

I experiment since hours to achive that. Here are my mappings:
=== 8< ===
<action name="displayRegform" class="action.Register" method="input">
  <result name="input">/registration/registrationForm.jsp</result>
  <result name="success"
type="redirectAction">registrationSuccessfulThankYou			</result>
</action>
<action name="displayRegform" class="action.Register" method="add">
  <result name="input">/registration/registrationForm.jsp</result>
  <result name="success"
type="redirectAction">registrationSuccessfulThankYou			</result>
</action>
<action name="registrationSuccessfulThankYou">
	<interceptor-ref name="basicStackHibernate" />
<result>/registration/registrationSuccessThankYou.jsp</result>
</action>

TIA
Daniel