struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Taylor" <rtay...@dtgresults.com>
Subject Re: additional onsubmit javascript validation
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:28:00 GMT
Hi Mead,

Binding validation to the click event on the submit button is not what i
want.
This would fire my validation before the onsubmit validation occurs.

I want to leverage the Struts2 javascript validation framework which already
exists.
Then, if that succeeds, I would like to fire additional javascript
validation.
The Struts2 validation framework dynamically generates the appropriate
validation for
the form if the form has validate="true". Otherwise it doesn't generate it.
However, when
validate="true", it appends "return validateForm_MyAction();" as an onsubmit
handler to any existing onsubmit attribute value.

With regards to your second suggestion "removing the onsubmit event". I
cannot do this (without modifying code/template)
because if validate="true" in the form, it will automatically populate the
form onsubmit attribute.

If I set validate="false", then the Struts2 validation framework doesn't
auto-generate the form javascript validation.

/robert