struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: WG: Struts2 Dynamic Merge of two webform objects / join two objects in database
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 13:34:29 GMT
On 9/6/10 8:06 AM, Nicolas Kopp wrote:
> Sorry for interrupting again, but it seems that its even easier without the Scope plugin.
>
> What we did right now is just to implement preparable

Which is why someone earlier suggested the params-prepare-params
technique.  It allows you to have lots of values handy during the
prepare call so you can fetch the right model object, then have the
params set against that (potentially newly loaded, or alternately newly
created) object.

Of course, without calling the params interceptor twice, you can also
just have your prepare method call request.getParameter() to fetch the
values that could help you load the correct model object, or decide to
create a new one.

-Dale