struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: [struts] Thanks! Works also with redirect actions...
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:18:14 GMT
On 9/20/10 12:30 PM, martinib wrote:
> <action name="registrationMain" class="somepackage.registrationAction">
> 			<result name="redirect" type="redirectAction">
> 				${customActionRedirect}?${urlParams}
> 				true
> 			</result>
> </action>

I'm guessing there's some xml in there that some intermediate mail
process stripped out?

> I set the parameters to:
> customActionRedirect="registrationConfirm"
> urlParams="documentID=200"

First of all while older documentation says to use ${}, %{} should now
work, and is less confusing (clearer that that's OGNL).  It looks like
you've configured this to use the redirect result instead of the
redirect action result.  I'm guessing you've made this mistake because
the documentation appears to be screwed up.

Unless I'm mistaken, the example on
http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8.1/docs/redirect-result.html is describing
the type of specification you should give for the redirectAction result.
  Anyone with a clue care to chime in here?

http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8.1/docs/redirect-action-result.html does
appear to be correct, though, and you'd do well to model that example.

Assuming there's some way for those two parameters to get returned from
the valuestack (does your action have public String getUrlParams() and
public String getCustomActionRedirect()?), and you specified the
redirect result it would evaluate to
registrationConfirm?documentId=200 (no extension specified) which isn't
quite what you're looking for.

> and i want the final url to be something like this:
> registrationConfirm.action?documentId=200
>
> but the parameter is never used, and the id is lost.

See above for a couple suggestions.  If you're still having issues, post
again.

-Dale