struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: Bizarre sporadic problem with streaming a stylesheet.
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 17:12:28 GMT
On 9/21/10 1:00 PM, Dave Belfer-Shevett wrote:
>> You're returning no header information.
>
> That's not the case actually - the http headers are there (curl -i shows
> them).

Is your request going directly to the app server on which this is
running, or is some apache httpd/proxy/etc. in between that might be
adding in extra info?  If not I wonder where those are being added, or
what's actually happening between so that when you say
write(sb.toString()) other info is getting written first?

Completely different theory:  In how many different browsers/machines
are you seeing this behavior?  Is it possible that an empty answer
(perhaps generated when a server was not coming up/going down/not
running/etc.) has been cached by said browser and is sometimes using
that instead?  Malformed link tags (I use xhtml, so I don't recall in
regular html if there should be a slash before the close gt symbol)?

Anyway, glad you've solved your issue.  Too bad we didn't all learn
something from it :-)

-Dale