struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: order of plugin-struts.xml and struts.xml
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 18:26:44 GMT
On 9/22/10 12:35 PM, Josep GarcĂ­a wrote:
> This does not seem to work as the load order is struts-plugin.xml first,
> then struts.xml.

http://struts.apache.org/2.2.1/docs/plugins.html
describes this strict ordering:
struts-default.xml (bundled in the Core JAR)
struts-plugin.xml (as many as can be found in other JARs)
struts.xml (provided by your application)

but note it doesn't discuss the order that multiple struts-plugin.xml's
(in separate plugin.jars) will be loaded.  I believe Musachy worked on
making this specifiable, but haven't checked to see if this ever made it
into the trunk:

http://old.nabble.com/plugin-loading-order-to22889649.html

Usually struts.xml will depend upon stuff in the earlier .xml documents,
so I don't think it's either possible or advisable to load that
earlier...I assume you tried using an undefined interceptor-ref that's
defined in a document loaded later and that didn't work?

-Dale