struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: additional onsubmit javascript validation
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:51:53 GMT
On 9/23/10 7:48 AM, Robert Taylor wrote:
> I'm not sure modifying the templates will work here.

css_xhtml/form-validate.ftl contains:

     <#if parameters.onsubmit??>
         ${tag.addParameter('onsubmit', "${parameters.onsubmit}; return
validateForm_${parameters.id}();")}
     <#else>
         ${tag.addParameter('onsubmit', "return
validateForm_${parameters.id}();")}
     </#if>

If you override that file and change one line like so:

     <#if parameters.onsubmit??>
         ${tag.addParameter('onsubmit', "return
(validateForm_${parameters.id}() && ${parameters.onsubmit});")}
     <#else>
         ${tag.addParameter('onsubmit', "return
validateForm_${parameters.id}();")}
     </#if>

and make your onsubmit attribute just be javascript that generates a
true/false value (FOO) instead of "return FOO", then I think you'll get
what you want.

-Dale