struts-user mailing list archives

From Paweł Wielgus <poulw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avoid Phishing in Struts Applications plugin
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 14:12:01 GMT
Hi all,
one of the banks i use, uses standard login and password to log on,
but after login, when one want to transfer money or do any cash
related operation
one need to provide a special token from your secret list or from
hardware token.
That way stealing my login and password won't do much for a thief.
So any phising that will collect my login and password
will not succed in transfering money from my account.
Combine this with a pesonal picture uploaded by bank to my profile
(like on credit cards)
and You have pretty strong system that any user will understand.
Of course when some one will do "man in the middle"
no defense can be applied at all.

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.