struts-user mailing list archives

From tito <tit...@gmail.com>
Subject struts module switching issue. SwitchAction
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 20:26:43 GMT
Hi guys,

 I was hoping if anyone cud help me with struts  SwitchAction. I am using
struts 1.1 and scaffold.

I have two modules, customer and utilities.  I am switching an action from *
struts-config-utilities.xml* to *struts-config-customer.xml* , the jsp in
customer module is loaded and the beans are executed.

But when I try to invoke another action (*/listCustomerAdvancedProfile*)
from the JSP in customer, it says invalid path.

*"  HTTP Status 400 - Invalid path /listCustomerAdvancedProfile was
requested   "*

 I found out that my module is not switched. When i debugged , the module
name still shows *utilities *, it should actually be "*customer*" . So any
action I invoke in customer JSP is taken as  *\utilities\action.do* . I dont
know why the module name switching is not happening although action is
switched correctly.

here are my codes.

I am submitting the action thru Javascript from a JSP page in utilities
module and here is action that I submit.

*
/actionSwitcherScoreCommand.do?prefix=/customer&page=/scoreCustomerRegistrationNew.do
*

prefix = customer (module)
page = /scoreCustomerRegistrationNew.do*  ( action present in
 struts-config-customer.xml )*
*
*
*
*
*struts-config-utilities.xml *

*<action path="/actionSwitcherScoreCommand"*
* **type="org.apache.struts.actions.SwitchAction"/>*

*struts-config-customer.xml *
*
*
*
<action path="/scoreCustomerRegistrationNew"
type="com.tito.struts.LRProcessBridgeActionSpring"
 parameter="scoreCustomerProfileRead"
name="gXXLRCustomerRegistrationForm"
scope="request"
 validate="false">
<forward name="success_en" path="/jsp/en/CustomerRegistration.jsp"/>
 <forward name="failure_en" path="/jsp/en/CustomerError.jsp"/>
</action>

<action path="/listCustomerAdvancedProfile"
 type="com.tito.struts.LRProcessBridgeActionSpring"
parameter="customerProfileAdvancedRead"
 name="gXXLRCustomerRegistrationForm"
scope="request"
 validate="false"
input="/listCustomerAdvancedProfileErr.do">
 <forward name="success_en"
path="/jsp/en/CustomerRegistrationAdvanced.jsp"/>
<forward name="failure_en" path="/jsp/en/CustomerError.jsp"/>

JSP

CustomerRegistration.jsp in the customer module gets loaded OK.

Now the problem is , from this JSP if i invoke an action , the action path
is taken as utilities/action.do  , instead of customer/action.do ,

As far as my understanding , it shud switch the module rt ? Can you help me
out please ? Is there anything else I need to do to switch action.
When I googled , i only found that I need to call switchAction in my action
mapping and give
*

regards,
Tito Cheriachan