struts-user mailing list archives

From adam pinder <apin...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject RE: Array Input Fields
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 21:42:51 GMT

OP :-

I thought when the input field name contained [] that struts effectively replaced them with
() - so in my input field

user[0].name

for example, would become getUser(0).setName(...) etc..

I checked the list object contains elements and it does (i retrieve them before the update
page is displayed and stored in the session - the get/set of the list object accesses the
session to retrieve the object), i also included a system out in the getUser(int occ) method
and it never gets called so its not because the getUser(0) returns null or the list is null.

i've had this before and i took the params off the request myself in the action and updated
the list - just thought i'd try and get to the bottom of it this time.

i think it must be down to the input names i'm using or the methods i need to have available
to the params interceptor to call.

adam