struts-user mailing list archives

From adam pinder <apin...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject RE: Possible to combine struts2-portlet-plugin and struts2-jfreechart-plugin?
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:20:12 GMT

i've only used jfreechart with struts2 (not portlets) and its more to do with the way the
result is returned than the action class itself.

in struts.xml i have

<result-type name="chart" class="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ChartResult"/>

and then referenced in action definition

  <action name="GenerateChart" class="uk.co.acudev.actions.GenerateChart">
   <result name="success" type="chart">
    <param name="width">400</param>
    <param name="height">400</param>
   </result>
  </action>

then in action the field chart will have my generated chart ready to be picked up by result
processing

private JFreeChart chart;

not sure of that helps

adam