struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Sánchez <inganto...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting Content-Length for monitoring response progress in user agent
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:24:57 GMT
Hi.

I'm developing an HTTP client application that is requesting to a St2
application that delivers xml content.

I need to show the response progress to the user and that means I need
to buffer the output, calculate the content length and set the
Content-Length header before sending any data in the response.

1. Does Struts2 provides a way or achieving this without having to deal
directly with servlet specification?

2. In case it does not, how should I do this? By means of an
interceptor? A custom servlet filter?

3. How does this buffering affect the performance of the application and
the container? Should I avoid it and reject the idea of displaying the
response progress?

Thanks and regards.
Antonio.