struts-user mailing list archives

From Andy Law <andy....@roslin.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: How to get the value of Constants defined in struts.xml
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:08:21 GMT

Heading off at a slight tangent, is it possible to use the constant values in
action configurations within the struts XML?

I have long thought it a code smell that I have magic strings in my XML
configuration that get repeated in my code. If I could handle those by
reference to a single point in my configuration file (referencing in my
classes)
then I would be much happier (well, a *bit* happier).

Of course, there would still be the pervasive smell over trying to get the
values into the tests.... :o{