struts-user mailing list archives

From Greg Lindholm <greg.lindh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reduce Java Script Depecency in Struts 2
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 13:41:16 GMT
I haven't used the jQuery plugin but I would highly recommend just
using straight jQuery.
I've been very impressed with how easy it is to use and how much you
can accomplish with very little jQuery code.

As far as the jQuery plugin goes; it appears to give you a bunch of
snazzy UI elements via jsp tags without having to actually learn
jQuery. If that is what you are looking for, great, but, IMHO you are
missing out on the full power of jQuery and adding a dependency on a
3rd party plugin which is rapidly changing. Recall lessons learned
from all those who went with the Dojo plugin.