struts-user mailing list archives

From Brian Thompson <elephant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts, Spring, Hibernate and multiple Sessionfactories
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:39:40 GMT
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Dave Newton <davelnewton@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure what reasons there would be to have it make sense
>> to store each entity in its own identically-structured DB.
>
> Ever had a client that wanted/required their data segregated from
> everybody else's (this is not uncommon at all)? Ever wanted to

Apparently, it is uncommon.  I've never encountered such a demand.

> restrict tool access to data without jumping through any hoops
> ("here's the DB, here's your username/password, here's your data, and
> nobody else's")?

I haven't been in this type of situation, either.  Projects I've
worked on have always had user-friendly reports on the data, and what
little we host for people hasn't called for constantly available
direct DB access.

That said, I do appreciate seeing a couple of these reasons; after all
it *is* always helpful to get some perspective outside my own
experience.

-Brian