struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Validation with preloading form fields
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 23:45:23 GMT
Are you implementing Preparable, or overriding the input() method?

Dave

On Friday, October 8, 2010, Joshua Tennent <tennentj@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am having trouble validating a form where it requires preloading lists for some of
the fields. I'm not sure how to configure the struts.xml entry for the INPUT return type.

> I am getting this error, which is indicating it's not getting to the prepare method of
createCharacterAction:
> tag 'radio', field 'list', name 'gender': The requested list key 'genders' could not
be resolved as a collection/array/map/enumeration/iterator type. Example: people or people.{name}
- [unknown location]

> The form will load properly when I call the action directly or from my redirectAction
below in the doLogin action. I have tried various values for the input type but nothing seems
to work. Any suggestions?