struts-user mailing list archives

From "Altenhof, David Aron" <dalte...@iupui.edu>
Subject RE: OGNL and init params
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 15:23:33 GMT
That did it ... thanks!

-David

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurizio Cucchiara [mailto:maurizio.cucchiara@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:49 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: OGNL and init params

You would be able to access through ognl or more simply inside your action.
 ognl syntax, using implicit objects:
<s:property value="#application['simpleParamName']"/>

In order to get access inside your action, you have to implement ApplicationAware interface.

Take a look at the bottom of this page
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/ognl-basics.html

Maurizio Cucchiara

2010/10/6 Altenhof, David Aron <daltenho@iupui.edu>:

> No matter how hard I look, I can't find the answer to this (admittedly newbie) question.
How do you get access to the values of init parameters or context parameters declared in your
web.xml file in your jsp page? Can they be accessed through ognl?

> A related question ... is there a good reference showing exactly what is in the various
struts2 scopes such as session, application, etc.