struts-user mailing list archives

From "Altenhof, David Aron" <dalte...@iupui.edu>
Subject Simple theme and field errors
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2010 04:28:31 GMT
Working on first Struts2 project, and quickly found out that standard themes can produce some
quirky output. (Hoping to write my own when I get some time). I decided to simply use the
"simple" theme to give me the most control over HTML formatting. However, it doesn't display
field errors from validation. So I tried adding this to jsp where I want the error message
to pop up:

<s:property value="fieldErrors.fname"/>

                ... where "fname" is the field that failed validation. This works, but the
error message always gets rendered back wrapped in brackets:

[You must enter a first name]

Of course, one could write some nasty code to strip out the brackets, but there must be an
easier way.

Thanks for any help,

David