struts-user mailing list archives

From "Altenhof, David Aron" <dalte...@iupui.edu>
Subject RE: Simple theme and field errors
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:57:05 GMT
Jeez ... you'd think I'd be able to figure that out. Oh, well ... late night :-)

By the way, is there anything like a "theme gallery" for Struts2? somewhere to post new themes
and view others' work?

-David

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurizio Cucchiara [mailto:maurizio.cucchiara@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:27 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Simple theme and field errors

try this
<s:iterator value="fieldErrors.foo">
    <s:property/> <br/>
</s:iterator>

2010/10/10 Dave Newton <davelnewton@gmail.com>:
> There can be more than one error; it's a collection.
>
> Dave
>
> On Sunday, October 10, 2010, Altenhof, David Aron <daltenho@iupui.edu> wrote:
>> Working on first Struts2 project, and quickly found out that standard themes can
produce some quirky output. (Hoping to write my own when I get some time). I decided to simply
use the "simple" theme to give me the most control over HTML formatting. However, it doesn't
display field errors from validation. So I tried adding this to jsp where I want the error
message to pop up:

>> <s:property value="fieldErrors.fname"/>
>>
>>                 ... where "fname" is the field that failed validation. This
works, but the error message always gets rendered back wrapped in brackets: