struts-user mailing list archives

From Ken McWilliams <ken.mcwilli...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 00:08:13 GMT
I'm creating a project as an exercise to better understand web
programming/ajax.

It is a web app security system.  Where by an admin user can sign in and
then add/remove users, groups and actions. Then can associate users to
groups and actions to groups.

I can do this with what I know of tiles and struts2 but here is my
issue:

I want to have all the form elements on one page but I want to develop
each one separately.

So I want to develop a page with a list of users and a list of groups
and you can select several users and then add them to a group.  Same
goes for actions.  Then I want to put all this content on one page.

My issue is that each action prepares the content needed for one page.

My first thought was iframes, I could gather everything I need that way.
I'm not sure why but I don't like this idea.  I've heard of "portals"...
Is this a way of composing a page as with iframes but on the server
side?

Anyways I know the result that I want but not how to get there.  What
should I look at?