struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Maurizio Cucchiara <maurizio.cucchi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSON plugin suggest : parse String value "" to Number with null / 0
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 04:10:13 GMT
Hi Knight,
I take your point, JSONPopulator.convertPrimitive function maybe uses a
wrong approach.
Does anyone know why convert method process is driven by value and type
instead of target type only?

2010/11/23 Knight Chen <dolt131943@gmail.com>

> Hi All,
> Thanks for reply, and sorry for my poor English.
>
> In this case:
>
> I have a POJO:
> public class UserDTO {
>      private int age;
>      ...
>      public void setAge(int age) {
>            this.age = age;
>      }
> }
>
>
> And Action has a property with this type:
>
> public Class UserAction {
>      private UserDTO userInfo;
>
>      ...
>      public void setUserInfo(UserDTO userInfo {
>            this.userInfo = userInfo;
>      }
>
>      ...
> }
>
> when I use ajax request and JSON format to transfer this UserDTO obj,
> this UserDTO is Serialization from html page's text input field, and
> age input field is empty(user not enter and business logic allow
> this),
> then this JSON String will be like this:
> {'userInfo' : { 'age' : ''}}
>
> so, when use JSON plugin to parse this JSON string to UserAction's
> userInfo property,there will be a Number format exception ( for input
> String "")
>
> I check JSONPopulator.java , it has process null value for int(or
> other number primitive type) with default value 0,
> I think if it can parse the "" to int/Integer(or other number type)
> with 0/null like the same process above mentioned,
> if do this will easier the front process, because front JS code will
> not to check the age's type,and transform the empty text input value
> "" to null.
>
> Just a suggeset.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Regards,
>
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Maurizio Cucchiara
> <maurizio.cucchiara@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure understand what you mean, it could be ognl conversion
> related.
> > For further details, could you provide the NPE stack?
> >
> > 2010/11/22 Knight Chen <dolt131943@gmail.com>
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I often encounter Number format exception when I use JSON plugin to
> >> parse input String "" from AJAX request to Number,
> >> because in Web front,  that will be a zero length String "" transfer
> >> to backend if the text input has no enter,
> >> so will encounter the Number format exception for input String "".
> >>
> >> I check the JSONPopulator, that has process the null value to 0 when
> >> parse to Number type, but not process the String "",
> >> So can JSONPopulator to support process String "" to null or 0,that
> >> will be easier web front develop.
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> ========================
> >> Knight Chen
> >>
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> >> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> > --
> > Maurizio Cucchiara
> >
>
>
>
> --
> ========================
> Knight Chen
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
>
>


-- 
Maurizio Cucchiara

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message