struts-user mailing list archives

From "Biesbrock, Kevin" <Biesbrock.Ke...@aoins.com>
Subject RE: Link Display Logic
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:05:36 GMT
Thank you for the suggestion, Zoran! I guess I'm doing somewhat of a
combination of what you and Dave suggested.

I've been utilizing the Aware interfaces for my actions...I think it's
similar to what you're suggesting with your base action class, just a
different approach, if I understand correctly.  The difference is that
our UserInterceptor determines authorization level and sets the level on
the action via a UserAware interface with a setAuthorizationLevel
method.

Then I have a jsp fragment that checks if they have the required
authorization level.  That jsp fragment is being included similarly to
what I think Dave was suggesting, just using the standard s:action tag
instead of writing my own custom tag.

For some reason my s:action is being executed successfully, but it's not
including the jsp fragment in my main jsp.  I have the
executeResult="true" attribute set.  It worked for a minute and now it
seems to just neglect to include it.  I'm working on that right now.

Thank you again for your suggestions!  It definitely seems to be
pointing me in a good direction! :)

Sincerely,

Beez