struts-user mailing list archives

From jlm...@gmail.com
Subject Re: help with MethodFailedException in ognl.OgnlRuntime.callAppropriateMethod
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 13:16:47 GMT
Well, if there the field is empty, I understand that OGNL will try to match ““ to the field,
so it will look for a setter that receives a String.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Robbins <justinhrobbins@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 09:11:09
Subject: Re: help with MethodFailedException in ognl.OgnlRuntime.callAppropriateMethod

Hi Eric,

You are pointing out the error?  Here's the thing, and hopefully you
can set me straight here, I acknowledge there is no
setTagId([Ljava.lang.String;)].  After all, "tagId" is an integer in
my POJO.  Why would I have a method for it that accepts a String?  I'm
still getting up to speed on OGNL but shouldn't it be converting the
form field to an integer for me (assuming the form field has a value
at all)?

Also, the "tagId" is indeed getting set successfully (and without the
stack trace in the log) when i submit a form that has a value in that
field.  It seems to only throw the error (warning) when the form field
is submitted empty.

Just to review, I'm reusing the same JSP form for the creation of new
Tag entities and the editing of existing Tags.  There's a hidden form
field "tagId" that is only populated with a value when I'm editing an
existing Tag entity.

Thanks much for your input.  It's appreciated.  If there is something
wrong with the way I'm going about things then please feel free to set
me straight.

Justin