struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chained actions and their properties in the value stack
Date Sun, 15 May 2011 15:34:49 GMT
On Sunday, May 15, 2011, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> I have a st of chained actions, in order A, B, C.

Jason's correct--IMO action chaining is more trouble than it's worth,
almost always. *Three* in a chain?! What's the use case for this?

> A has a getter for Foo.  B does not have a getter/setter for Foo.  C has a setter for
Foo.  It seems that A cannot provide C the value of Foo without B also "participating" and
implementing a getter/setter for Foo.  Yuck.

Why "yuck"? You'd like the actions in the chain to be coupled even
*more* tightly and rely on hidden magic to maintain state between
them, beyond what's already provided?

Dave