struts-user mailing list archives

From Bertrand <bertran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: struts2 and tiles
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 00:22:29 GMT
Hi Emi,

 Thank you for that, the error comes from the struts2-portlet-plugin
interaction with tiles2, so I gave it a quick try in case tiles 2.0.7
behaved differently, but I still get the same error, even if it comes from
the BasicTilesContainer rather than Jsr168Dispatcher :

00000034 BasicTilesCon E org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer render
Error rendering tile
                                 java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not
allowed in event phase
at
org.apache.struts2.portlet.servlet.PortletServletResponse.isCommitted(PortletServletResponse.java:178)
at
org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.dispatch(ServletTilesRequestContext.java:176)
at
org.apache.tiles.context.TilesRequestContextWrapper.dispatch(TilesRequestContextWrapper.java:72)
at
org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesRequestContext.dispatch(StrutsTilesRequestContext.java:88)
at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:606)
at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:246)
at
org.apache.struts2.views.tiles.TilesResult.doExecute(TilesResult.java:105)
at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.StrutsResultSupport.execute(StrutsResultSupport.java:186)
at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultActionInvocation.java:361)
[...]

 We are currently migrating from Websphere portal 5.1 to 7.0 and thought it
would be a good opportunity to move to struts2, since we also use xworks, I
guess we'll have to stick to Struts 1.3, now we know what Struts2 is not
supported out of the box by IBM WPS7 :/

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 1:43 AM, Emi Lu <emilu@encs.concordia.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If I remember struts2.2.1 cannot only be with tiles2.0.7.
>
> Please try tiles*-2.0.7.jar
>
> I had the same problem when using struts2.2.x + tiles2.2
>
> Regards,
> Emi
>

>   Thank you for your answer. I would like to know if tiles work with
>> struts2
>> in a portlet environment.
>>  This has been done countless times with struts 1.x versions, and as you
>> point out (with irony I suppose), there are documentations on it. The
>> thing
>> is I can't seem to get it to work with struts2
>>
>>  I can see my portlet and the tiles are working, but after submitting the
>> form I am getting the following error :
>>
>> Jsr168Dispatc E
>>  com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger
>>  error Could not execute action
>>
>>  java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not allowed in event phase at
>>  org.apache.struts2.portlet.servlet.PortletServletResponse.isCo
>>  mmitted(PortletServletResponse.java:178)
>>
>> Did anyone manage to deploy a struts2 portlet using tiles?
>>
>> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Jason Pyeron<jpyeron@pdinc.us>  wrote:

>>> methods. This is because of how portlets work with regards to the view
>>> rendering.

--
Bertrand