struts-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Brown <aa...@thebrownproject.com>
Subject Re: Struts File Upload Issue
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 09:52:47 GMT
Are you certain the action class is not being called at all? Are you logging
when the action method executes to be sure?

Is your user a Mac user? I have seen occasional problems with Mac files
(especially fonts) having a null data fork that break the upload process.
 On May 26, 2011 1:01 AM, <VijayaRajan.S@cognizant.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a query regarding file upload functionality in Struts. I am
> having a screen from where I can upload multiple files. When files are
> browsed and submit button is clicked, it will first hit a filter,
> validate the user and calls the action method where uploading the files
> to the repository is done. It happens fine normally. But rarely when
> submit is clicked in UI, it goes to the filter, validates the user and
> doesn't call the action method. It fails somewhere between the filter
> and the action class. It doesn't throw any exceptions from the framework
> too.
>

> First we thought, it happens when big files are uploaded. Then we found
> even for small files, this happens occasionally. Below is the JRE
> details being used.
>
> Java version = J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Linux x86-32 j9vmxi3223ifx-20080811
> (JIT enabled)
>

> I couldn't figure out why this is happening. Any suggestion regarding
> this is most welcome.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Vijay S
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the
information.
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this
e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.