struts-user mailing list archives

From Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>
Subject Re: Call execAndWait but got NullPointerException ?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 20:37:12 GMT

On 06/02/2011 03:40 PM, Dale Newfield wrote:
> You didn't add exec-and-wait, you replaced your entire interceptor stack with just the
exec-and-wait interceptor.

Can you provide more information please?
http://www.mkyong.com/struts2/struts-2-execandwait-interceptor-example/

I setup almost the same example. The differences
. my action class has bean from spring
. use tiles for "adm" result

Thanks a lot!
Emi

> -Dale
>
> On Jun 2, 2011, at 3:35 PM, Emi Lu<emilu@encs.concordia.ca>  wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> One action class to send emails to 50 users. Before action is done, I'd like to show
a waiting page.

>> When I added execAndWait shown as the following:
>> <action name="*ProcessAction"  method="{1}" class="ProcessAction">
>>    <interceptor-ref name="execAndWait">
>>      <param name="delay">2000</param>
>>      <param name="delaySleepInterval">500</param>
>>    </interceptor-ref>
>>    <result name="wait">/wait.jsp</result>
>>
>>    <result name="adm"       type="tiles">browse_action1</result>
>>

>> I got the following Error message returned.
>>
>> Could someone help what is missing?
>>

>> I found examples about progressbar + fileupload, but what about waiting for sending
emails, is there a online doc about this?

>> Thanks a lot!
>> Emi
>>

>> java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.struts2.ServletActionContext.getRequest(ServletActionContext.java:112)
at ProcessAction.execute(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocation.java:452)
at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultActionInvocation.java:291)
at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.BackgroundProcess$1.run(BackgroundProcess.java:57) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Emi Lu, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
emilu@encs.concordia.ca        +1 514 848-2424 x5884